Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Birthday!

                                        


Today my wonderful son-in-law, aka the Marine,  turns the big 30!  I think he's a bit in shock at the number.  (Wait till he sees 50!)

Historically, there seems to be a large amount of friction between the mother of the bride and the groom as the years go on after the wedding - the jokes and moans about "the mother-in-law" seem endless!  However, I have not encountered a single problem with my son-in-law.

If I could have drawn up a list of qualities and ordered a husband for daughter #2 I could not have done better than the Marine.  He is the most loving, attentive, sensitive husband to my daughter.  And has turned out to be an outstanding father to two of the most beautiful, wonderful little girls.  You should see the way he plays with them and hear the giggles whenever he's around.  Priceless!  That's in addition to feeding, changing, rocking, etc.

The Marine has a wicked sense of humor and can do the most amazing imitations of people (oh dear, I hope he's never done me!)  He is loyal and dependable.  When the Englishman is away I have no concerns about who I would turn to for help.  I would simply, "call in the Marine".

So Happy Birthday to a very special young man.  May this decade bring as much happiness to you as your being in our family has brought to all of us.  Love you!

2 comments:

  1. 50 is plain sailing. 60 is rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the "meat-head" to your "Edith"
    Thanks mum, love you

    ReplyDelete