Monday, January 23, 2012

If it's Monday, it's washday!

In my quest to become more organized, I am trying to assign a few household tasks to certain days of the week.  First task - laundry.  Assigned day -Monday

When my daughters were little, Sunday was generally the day I laundered all their clothes.  The girls attended a Catholic school, so there were uniform dresses, 15 pairs of socks, sweaters and 15 white blouses that needed to be washed and ironed.  I think there were times I dreamt of rounded Peter Pan collars and pressing around all those buttons....

Now that it is just the Englishman and I there is far less laundry to attend to and I can finish it all in one day.  Recently I decided to become a little more ambitious and ironed the pillowcases on our bed.


Looks rather nice and inviting, doesn't it.  Well worth the effort.  Only now, of course, I've noticed that the top sheet looks quite wrinkly next to it.  So I suppose I'll have to iron it, too.  But I think I will take advantage of a short cut, and only iron the top bit!

So, all done and the sweet smelling laundry is folded and put away till next week.  I discovered a wonderful set of products last summer, called Sweet Grass Farm.  They have several heavenly fragrances for numerous household and personal products.  Today I used their White Lilac fabric softener and tossed the laundry sachet of the same scent in the dryer.  Even the Englishman, who doesn't often take notice of such things, has commented when I use their products, so that's saying something.  Sweet Grass Farm.  They have a website.  (This is not a paid promotion, just passing on a suggestion.)

On a side note, I am pleased that the Giants beat San Francisco, and will be in the Super Bowl.  There will be much excitement in daughter #2's house for the next two weeks in anticipation of the matchup between the Giants and the Patriots.  I suspect my granddaughters will be wearing lots of blue in the coming days....

3 comments:

  1. I also use SWeet Grass Farm products amd this past washing I also ironed the pillowcases. Then I decided to iron the first 8 inches of the top sheet to match the pillowcases. I had to smile when I read your sentence that the top sheet looked rather wrinkled. I thought the same thing.

    I used the All Purpose Surface Cleaner for the first time this week on my brand new Granite counter tops. What a lovely shine , and the kitchen had a lovely scent of Lemon Verbena. I am so Sold on their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip about the surface cleaner on granite countertops. Since it's been successful for you, I will try it on mine. Like you, I love all their products.

      Delete
  2. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!
    Zippo Peterson Pipe Gift Set

    ReplyDelete