Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Now I've seen everything....

This morning I was delighted to look after my youngest granddaughter while daughter #2 took the older one to visit a pre-school.  (Can't believe she is going to school in the Fall!!).

As Baby C and I were snuggling on the couch, I heard a rather loud noise coming from the kitchen.  Upon investigation I found the resident bulldog, "Mr. B",  standing INSIDE the dishwasher, licking the plates.

I was stunned! "Good Lord, how did you get in there?", I shouted.  Needless to say there was no response, though he did hang his head a little.  He must have jumped up repeatedly, as he is wont to do, and eventually pulled the door down, then climbed on top of it.  I suppose he could smell the food still lingering on the dishes waiting to be washed and thought he would help out by cleaning them himself.


Thankfully, he followed my simple directive of "Get out of there" and promptly got back down on the floor.  Bulldogs are, after all, the unofficial mascots of the Marines, so he is quite used to following orders. Pushing the dishwasher door in tight while balancing Baby C on my hip, I hoped that we would have no more of that nonsense!

So, what kind of a day did you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment