Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....



What on earth is "Pinterest" you ask?  Daughter #1 has described it on one of her blogs:

"For those of you unfamiliar with Pinterest, it’s basically an online bulletin board, where you can collect things that you see on the internet. You create themed “boards,” where you “pin” whatever you would like – anything from recipes to clothing to craft ideas to quotes and more.  You can browse the wide internet and “pin” things that you find, or you can just browse Pinterest itself and “repin” things that people on there have found and pinned."

                                            - description from The Handy Homeowner Girl blog


I had been hearing about this new obsession for a while, mainly from daughters 1 and 2.  I also started to see a "button" for it on other blogs I follow.  So thanks to an invitation from daughter 2, I now have boards of my own!  With the Englishman's assistance, I've added my own button on the top right side of this blog, "Follow Me On Pinterest", so you can click on it and see the many boards I have.

In a way, I feel as though I have been ahead of the crowd.  For the past few years, I have dragged images and saying I like into the "Photo gallery" located on my desktop.  It is where all the photographs I have taken or others have shared are stored.  The Englishman showed me the other day how to set up "folders" on it, which are similar to the boards on Pinterest.  It is a great way to organize images without having to scroll thru the hundreds I have saved - I start to feel positively cross-eyed after a while!

So my "tip" is to check out this new phenomenon.  Ok, maybe it isn't exactly "new", but it may be new to you.  Start by clicking on my link and seeing the images I've saved.  Who knows, maybe you'll want to join and start "pinning" yourself.  Just think how knowledgeable and sophisticated you'll sound next time you go out with the girls for coffee.  "Pinterest?  Why yes, I've been pinning for ages!"

Oh, and while I have your attention, please be sure and check out "My Blog List", also located further down on the right hand side.  I highly recommend "Mommy Musings" and "Handy Homeowner Girl" Not only are they fabulous blogs, I also happen to be the mother of the authors.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment