Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tip for a Tuesday....

I've been wracking my brain for days trying to think of a new "tip" and this one popped into my head as I was doing the laundry this morning.

Napkins

Cloth napkins

Like this one




Now it might seem like a silly suggestion, but years ago, while reading one of the numerous lifestyle books by Alexandra Stoddard sitting on my bedroom shelf,  she mentioned something about using cloth napkins.  And I thought,  how nice.  Instead of those tiny paper ones which never seem adequate to the task, she suggested using cloth ones.  For every meal.

So I purchased two sets of plain cloth napkins and have used them ever since.  
Well, not the same ones, I have bought others over the years.

I like the feeling they give of sitting down to a proper meal.
They are easily tossed in with the regular wash.
And come in a variety of colors, as well as holiday motifs.

Try it.  You just may like it.  
And I suspect the tree huggers would say we are helping the environment at the same time.
Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment