Friday, January 6, 2012

Today's Birthday Boy is.......


Bentley.  My "baby" is now 5 years old.  The story of all our dogs and how they came to live with us is a tad too long to tell today.  Suffice it to say, this little guy won my heart when I saw him stumbling around in the pet shop and I just knew he had to come home with us.

I admit that I do both refer to him as and "baby" him.  He reminds me very much of the beagle I grew up with and adored, Spotty.  Bentley has his own sweet personality.  If you've ever seen the Charlie Brown Christmas special where Snoopy points his nose into the air and howls, that's what it sounds like here whenever the town fire whistle goes off.  He's actually getting better at sustaining the low moan which rises to crescendo.  I used to try and discourage him, but now we actually root him on.  It's his signature.


And this is how you will find him most evenings after dinner.  Not sure what exactly he is hiding from - the light in the room, the other dog, or life in general.  But it seems quite a necessary routine for him to settle himself.  Hey, whatever works!


So Happy 5th Birthday to my baby.  May you live a very long time!

1 comment:

  1. Bentley - You are one of a kind. You make our hearts warm with your antics. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete