Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday's thought for the day....

"Women sigh so that we won't scream.  There are several occasions in the course of any woman's day when, without question, screaming is the appropriate response.  However, on this side of an electrified fence, screaming is not considered good form.

So we sigh."

Sarah Ban Breathnach - Simple Abundance

For many years now, I have had a habit which I know drives my daughters crazy.
I sigh.
And the reason, is exactly as Sarah describes it.

Her thoughts continue....

"First we breathe in, quickly and sharply, inhaling reality, acknowledging the present situation -- the current hassle or disappointment, confrontation or challenge, long wait or lack of cooperation.
We hold our breath for a heartbeat.
Then we breathe out, slowly and deeply, exhaling and letting go of our initial response -- our dismay, impatience, frustration, annoyance, disappointment, regret. Letting it out.  Letting it go."

That is why I do it, girls.
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Anyone else guilty of sighing?
It works, don't it?

(and yes, I highly recommend this book!)

3 comments: