Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday's wisdom....



There is nothing more soothing to the soul than a hug.....

This photo of M and I was taken several Christmases ago. 

This morning, I spent some time with her sister, C, in the same position - her head lying on my shoulder, arms around neck, her tiny body totally relaxed. We swayed back and forth, just holding each other.
Heaven.

Then I was further blessed to scoop up M after she returned from school, hold her on my lap, wrap my arms around her and rock side to side.  It seemed to be a particularly tough day to be four. 
Hugs make it easier.

Several years after my Dad passed away, my Mother confessed that it was his big, strong hugs that she missed so dearly.  Knowing this, the men in her widow's group made a point of hugging all the ladies, hoping it would help, if only for a few moments.

I'm working on lingering with my hugs these days - absorbing them and soaking up their almost therapeutic value.  Hugs are free, know no age limits, and leave you feeling so much better than you did before it.


2 comments: