Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tip for a Tuesday....


There is nothing like a bitter cold winter's day to make you want to huddle under the covers with a good book and a cup of tea.  Here is a suggested list of authors, who I rely upon to capture my attention and hold it fast.

  1.  Miss Read (aka Dora Saint)
  2.  Elizabeth Berg
  3.  Maeve Binchy
  4.  Rosamunde Pilcher                                                         
  5.  Cathy Kelly
  6.  Jeffrey Archer
  7.  Vince Flynn
  8.  Debbie Macomber (Cedar Cove series)
  9.  Elizabeth Buchan
10.  Jan Karon

Last night I finished Cathy Kelly's Christmas Magic, a collection of short stories I found difficult to put down.  Many of her characters seemed so familiar to me. Must be the Irish genes passed down from my maternal grandmother's side.  

Oh, and if there is a little one about the house, I highly recommend The Further Tale of Peter Rabbit by Emma Thompson. (yes, the actress) I read it to Miss M while she was playing with the Lego's the other day.  Though she pretended not to be at all interested, she did shush Grandad when he attempted to speak to her, so as not to miss a word. This was soon followed by a straining of the neck with which to see the illustrations.  'Tis true, even when you think they aren't listening.....

No comments:

Post a Comment