Sunday, October 9, 2011

Another Super Sunday....



Granddaughter M came to Grandmom's house again for another Sunday visit.  As we started to walk down the sidewalk, she said, "I love Grandmom"s house!".  She has been asking her mother all week if she could walk to Grandmom's again.  Music to my ears!

We had talked about making "coookies" as she calls them, but M really had no interest once she got here.  She went from room to room, playing with this and that and admiring items tucked up out of her reach.  "No cooking, Grandmom."  Which was fine with her grandparents, considering it was over 80 degrees today!

Grandad gave M a special donut, and later was able to get her to eat quite a bit of lunch.  She loves butter on bread, which I think comes from her English roots.  We toured the backyard with the bassets and admired the birdhouses and birdbath.  We love listening to her when she chatters away while playing.  Tiny china dogs from my dollhouse become Mommy, Daddy, M and Baby C with soothing calls of "It's ok, sweetheart".

The time flew by and soon we were heading back to M's house.  I confess to carrying her partway - she only had to hold up her arms and I scooped her up. I thought she might be a little concerned about some people she spotted down the street.  I held her tight and whispered, "Don't worry.  Grandmom's here."  She smiled at me. I think we both just needed a good long hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment