Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another thought....

While chatting with a friend over coffee this morning, I shared with her about my suggestion of writing down things you are grateful for each day.  She said that she is grateful and keeps a running list in her head.  But what she also does, she says, is constantly tell herself negative messages.  As we talked, it dawned on us that what she needs to write down is not a gratitude list, but a list of the good things she has done each day.  Sort of like a mini-pep talk.  I think a lot of women can identify with beating themselves up, saying things like: I'm not good at anything, my hair always looks a mess, I can't cook, I shouldn't have bought that dress, and on and on.

So if you feel you already are tuned in to the good things in your life, maybe you need a daily list to remind yourself of how wonderful you really are.  I used to say in college, "Hey, pat yourself on the back if no one else does."  Maybe it's time to do it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment