Friday, October 7, 2011

Before and after.....

This is the fireplace in our "future retirement" home, by the bay.  I'm sure there are many people who would just love the stone work which originally surrounded the fireplace.  I just couldn't bring myself to keep it.  So the Englishman surprised me one weekend by taking it down and replacing it with what he knew I would love.  He was right - perfect!




The first look is too formal for a house by the water.  The second look is much more in keeping with the look and feel we are trying to achieve.
In addition, we removed the wainscoting and wallpaper, and painted the walls a sunny yellow.  I mean, the Englishman, did all the work.  I came up with the ideas!
I actually traded the firescreens between our two houses.  They are much better suited to their new locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment