Thursday, October 20, 2011

If you dream it....


Over the last several years I've developed a habit of saving pictures I love on the internet in my iPhoto folder on my computer.  Now I'm sure there are much better, more organized ways of saving images, but since I'm still on the lower rungs of the ladder of technology, that works for me.

I save all kinds of images from kitchens to bathrooms, hidden gardens to tight passageways, and droopy basset hounds to soul satisfying sunsets.

I read somewhere many years ago that if you keep picturing something in your mind, it may eventually come to pass.  I've been skeptical of that idea - picturing a large farmhouse overlooking the Atlantic has not come to fruition.  But I think it might actually work for much smaller dreams.



Recently, when scanning the hundreds of images I've saved I noticed that one looked slightly familiar.  The photo on the top is the saved image, while the two below are from my second home.  Don't they look alike?

The image of the stairs reflected in the mirror, the narrowness of it and the color were appealing to me.  Two summers ago, I happened on an antique shop of sorts and found the mirror and shelf I now have, quite cheap I'm happy to add.  And I think it works well.

So I will dream on, scanning my saved photos and seeking out more.  And I will picture them in my mind, and see what will come to be in reality.  The fun is really in the search, though, isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment